[aesop_content color=”#000000″ background=”#ffffff” columns=”1″ position=”none” imgrepeat=”no-repeat” floaterposition=”left” floaterdirection=”up”]Before heading into the bush it is always a good idea to write a note to someone you can trust, with information about your adventure. This way if there are any issues, like you are late coming back they they know how to help.
Things to tell your friend
- What is your planned route/walk
- Who is in your group
- Mobile phone number
- Next of kin contacts
- Relevant known medical conditions
- What gear you have
- Where you plan to park your car (and the number plate)
- When you plan to start and finish the walk
- When to contact the police if you do not return
- PLB serial number
It is also good to leave these details with the local police station, if there is an emergancy in the area, the the police will have more information about who they are dealing with.
Check out the NSW police Think before you TREK page they also have a handy “Trip Intention Form”. [/aesop_content]